Instrumental, kanji, cyrillyc, and other versions of songs

Plantea aqui todas tus opiniones y dudas sobre la web y las descargas de canciones. También todos los errores que veas.
Reglas del Foro
Prohibido pedir canciones en el foro. Si quieres hacerlo que sea aquí
Cerrado
baklap4
Aficionado

Instrumental, kanji, cyrillyc, and other versions of songs

Mensaje por baklap4 »

Hello!

Thanks for the awesomeness of this community!

I'm wondering if we can have different versions of a song?
With different versions i mean an Instrumental version or kanji or cyrrilyc or any other kind of writing.

My proposal would be to ship these within the same torrent as the original song instead of maintaining two or more torrents for the different versions.
If people don't want to have a certain version, they can use their torrent client to remove these files.

So for example if you want to have both instrumental and kanji and kanji instrumental version of a song the torrent would contain these files:
1. song.mp3
2. song.txt -> Normal song as how things go already
3. song_instrumental.mp3
4. song_instrumental.txt -> Title will contain 'Your Title (instrumental)'
5. song_kanji.txt -> mapping to the song.mp3 and language field will contain '日本語' or something else to indicate it's the kanji version of the song.
6. song_kanji_instrumental.txt -> mapping to the song_instrumental.mp3 and Title will contain 'Your Title (instrumental)' + language field will contain '日本語' or something else to indicate it's the kanji version of the song.

Like i said before if people don't want the instrumental version file 3 and 4 can be removed through the torrent client, same goes for the kanji version (file 5/6).

The game can split these songs based on the .txt files which i think it does already? and switch between these versions

What do you guys think of this and would this be possible to include if creators want to ship these files?
If we go this route we should make some rules on how to annotate the songs correctly (the above is pure a suggestion)
daniel20
Colaborador
Colaborador

Mensaje por daniel20 »

Hi @baklap4, too much weight for the servers and hard drives of the users, (we are talking about of thousands of songs) also additional work for creators to find the instrumental track AND sinc it.

it's better to leave it as it is
¿no sabes cómo configurar tus micros? ¿no sabes descargar? ¿problemas? Quizás tu duda ya ha sido resuelta en la sección de Ayuda (arriba en la web)
baklap4
Aficionado

Mensaje por baklap4 »

Hello @daniel20
too much weight for the servers and hard drives of the users
Currently the whole library is around 610GB. This is in the 500GB - 1TB range. I'm currently assuming that the current max for the server is around 1TB which leaves us with 390GB of 'free space'.

I'm not saying we must make it mandatory, but if a creator wants to spend the time creating those editions why not utilise that and give them the opportunity?
I know a couple of creators would love to create these versions. As for example adding a Kanji version of a japanese song is only a mere 1-2kb extra space utilized.
Also we're currently already doing it for Duet versions where we have 1 extra Txt file. So this is probably not the issue.

As for the hard drives of the users.. i think most will not have everything downloaded. And every now to buy laptop comes with at least 300 - 500 GB of disk space if not more besides that many users will probably have an external HDD available where they store their data. These currently range between 1 TB and 16TB. If we were to have this discussion 14 years ago i'd definitly agree with you, but as of today i'm thinking the argument "Too much disk space is used" can be ignored.
(we are talking about of thousands of songs)
The current library is 17k songs (around 610GB) I have downloaded it all, and seed 24/7 @300mpbs
But i'm an outlier since i just wanna have all songs available, most users just want their favorite songs.
also additional work for creators to find the instrumental track AND sinc it.
Agreed with this one, creators will need more time to add the instrumental version, but most of the time if the song is perfectly timed to an album version (which also have instrumental tracks) this is just a matter of adding a seperate mp3 track and you're good to go. This will take a couple of minutes.

Transcribing an already mapped song from romaji japanese to Kanji takes up about 10 minutes of work.

Extra space required
  • A txt file -> around 2kb for each file
  • A mp3 file -> around 3MB - 5MB for each file
Personally i think adding them would give a lot of joy for a couple of mb's extra per torrent
We're already saving up data to use the audio within a video file instead of a seperate audio file
The majority of the current space is consumed cause of video material.
TeLiXj
Administrador
Administrador

Mensaje por TeLiXj »

Too many jobs in many places: website, yass, creators and the game. Completely out of our reach for a small improvement
No respondo a mensajes privados sobre temas que podrían estar en el foro
baklap4
Aficionado

Mensaje por baklap4 »

Hmm how come?
The website already handles this, check for instance duet songs like this one: https://ultrastar-es.org/nl/canciones?a ... on-John%29 it has a 1-player txt file and a multi txt file.
Yass can already handle this as for duet songs we just create a new txt file nothing needs to be done there. Sure it'd be nice to actually support duet mode instead of having to create 2 txt's and merge them manually, but it's not something we can overcome as of now.
Creators can opt in if they want, like i said before it's optional if they wanna do it, else just stick to the format now. This results in some creators actually adding those different versions which creates a win win scenario for everyone.
The game handles multiple txt files per folder perfectly fine, again see duet songs (like the grease one above) which have 2 txt files. 1 for Single player and a multi for duets.

How would this be completely out of reach aside from the extra couple of mb's per torrent?
TeLiXj
Administrador
Administrador

Mensaje por TeLiXj »

I program the website and the game, trust me, too many work for... less than 5% of players?
Or if you prefer other words: we don't want to do this, that's all. For many many years people want a standar karaoke with instrumental version and we always said the same thing: no. We extend the same opinion to the others txt proposed by you. UltraStar, in our opinion, should continue like this: mp3 with singer voice and only a regular txt (2 in case of duets)
No respondo a mensajes privados sobre temas que podrían estar en el foro
Cerrado