Reglas del Foro
Prohibido pedir canciones en el foro. Si quieres hacerlo que sea aquí
Cerrado
Alessandro213
Desafinado

Scorepoints = off option for game

Mensaje por Alessandro213 »

Hello everybody,

I am a huge fan of the ultrastar worldparty. But I think that some little changes could make it even better.
Is there a way to turn the scores completely off?
Because when I am playing it with my friends they are always angry about getting low scores (they don't sing that often)
So is it possible to put scores to off and not just while singing? There should be no ranklist as well.
And can the avatar pictures be set to off as well? I think the colors of the notes are enough while singing.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Alex
daniel20
Colaborador
Colaborador

Mensaje por daniel20 »

it's something contradictory that you're asking, if you use this game it's to get a score. (you can hide the score at the moment of singing in options -> advanced -> scores on singing -> off). The final score will be shown.

If you don't want to see any score at all, use the mode "Listen to my collection" in the main menu.

About set off the avatar, we take note for next release.
¿no sabes cómo configurar tus micros? ¿no sabes descargar? ¿problemas? Quizás tu duda ya ha sido resuelta en la sección de Ayuda (arriba en la web)
Alessandro213
Desafinado

I know the jukebox mode, but the problem is there are no notelines there.
So you don't need microphones as well.
But people like to hold mics in their hand and try to get the note right. Even for a little time.
They just don't like to be called a donkey or something bad because they can't sing.
And this always happens at partys. First they are very exciting, then they sing with fun and joy
and then comes the score result and they get upset because it's always bad if you don't practice a lot. (except you are a professional singer)

So the result is always the same: they just say this is stupid and quit singing. And then nobody wants to sing anymore.
And this is were I thought, it would be so great if you could set the scores completely off and just enjoy the singing to the notelines.
Or maybe just a party mode where this option could be toggled off?
daniel20
Colaborador
Colaborador

Mensaje por daniel20 »

I know your point, but we're not going to develop that function. You can "pretend" with your mic you hit the pitches on jukebox mode, or you can play in normal mode and then press enter key quickly to nobody knows the final score. That request is not the spirit of the game. Sometimes we have to dismiss some ideas, because otherwise the code would be hard to follow and the game would be slower
¿no sabes cómo configurar tus micros? ¿no sabes descargar? ¿problemas? Quizás tu duda ya ha sido resuelta en la sección de Ayuda (arriba en la web)
Alessandro213
Desafinado

Ok I understand that. But is it possible to write a command line which says: if you press the key "M" on the keyboard, you will get back immediately to the menu where you can select a song? This could be helpful, because it can happen that you chose the wrong song and then you have to press the key "Esc" 4 times until all the scores and ranking list have been shown to get back to the menu to select another song.

Just "M" for menu would do the trick. I always use the wiimote and a glovepie script for ultrastar. So I could put the keyboard "M" to the wiimote B button and the scores can be in the background. Nobody will care about them. And if somebody says: I want to see my score, it wouldn't be a problem. Just let the song finish to show the ranking list :)
daniel20
Colaborador
Colaborador

Mensaje por daniel20 »

ok, so now my question is, how many times do you select a wrong song? Is it that painfull to press Esc key 4 times?
Is it possible to put that in the code? yes, everything is possible, is it worth it? nope, from my point of view.
the 'M' shortcut is already taken, how many shortcuts should we add for every suggestion? (it's a pain in the neck to have hundred of shortcut for every stuff)
Alessandro213
Desafinado

I'm just saying that a shortcut to the song selection menu could be very helpful. (whatever key it might be finally on)
Because whenever you sing at home with the same friend, than you don't have to always go through the profile menu. And pressing enter fast (meaning Wiimote B button in my case) doesn't do the trick here. Sometimes it works to get to the songs, but mostly it just doesn't. Then I have to go back to the laptop, open the laptop lid and here comes the shitty part, because my television is loosing the connection to the laptop when the lid is open. Then I have to restart the game, otherwise the mics are not registered anymore. This happened many times for me. And it's very annoying.

Or you change something in the settings menu and then just press a shortcut to get right back to the song selection menu without going through the process of pushing Esc and Enter back and worth.
But of course there must be more people who vote for this. Is there a poll for new functions somewhere?
Cerrado