Reglas del Foro
Prohibido pedir canciones en el foro. Si quieres hacerlo que sea aquí
Cerrado
fedoo
Supercreador
Supercreador

TV Latency/Delay/Lag

Mensaje por fedoo »

Hi, I have one particular problem, which I haven't resolve yet and I want to know if someone already had same problem.

I have PC which is connected to TV with HDMI cable. When I send PC picture to TV obviously there is some latency (TV is in PC mode, so it itself takes care of minimum latency, but there is always some, maybe caused also with 7m HDMI cable etc.) When I play Ultrastar on PC (sound is coming right from the PC case) and song is well synced, everything is OK, no delay, but when I play it on TV, picture and sound is delayed. And here comes the problem. Microphones are connected to PC, but audio is delayed. When player wants to sing along with the song, he is delayed too, but PC expects to sing earlier (because CPU is not delayed :) ). Result is that you sing along with the music but you are late and out of sync.

One solution is to shift GAP of the song of the latency, in my case it is around 90ms, then the singer is in synced, when he sings along with music. Cons is you have to return it back after singing. This is very impractical.
Another solution could be get audio from PC speakers and not sending it to TV (you have to have PC next to TV, which is not certain in many cases. I personally do not have any speakers connected to PC at all :)

I am looking for solution which allows me to batch change GAPS for all songs (some batch script I think is not very good option) OR better, to change delay for microphone temporary. I know there is some latency option in config file, but it seems it does nothing (correct me if I am wrong).

Did someone solve similar problem?
I hope it is understandable and someone push me to some direction.
Thanks

fedoo
Rubn4
Supercreador
Supercreador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rubn4 »

Another solution could be get audio from PC speakers and not sending it to TV (you have to have PC next to TV, which is not certain in many cases. I personally do not have any speakers connected to PC at all
In fact that is the solution to the lag of the songs xD I have my PC connected to the TV to watch the game, but speakers to sound :D
Before I have the same problem and the solution its use speakers xD

EDIT: Sorry for my bad english :P but maybe if speak spanish google translate doesn't make great work xD
fedoo
Supercreador
Supercreador

Mensaje por fedoo »

Thanks for the quick answer.
I knew someone had to have same problem. I figure out something, maybe buy speakers :).
Strange is, that after years of playing Ultrastar on TV I noticed this problem only now (I have relatively new TV, maybe it is the case)
zXz
Antiguo Creador
Antiguo Creador

Mensaje por zXz »

Vaya, parece que hay un duplicado del tema sobre los desfases que hay entre Yass y UltraStar... hasta en inglés ':)

I was trying to explain exactly the same (topic), but the only answer I got was:

"Do not ever change GAP. It is a problem of the program that has to be solved in the program, don't try to solve it on your own, because otherwise we will have decompensations for some songs once it gets fixed.

It is pending to solve in the game."

So let's just wait...
daniel20
Colaborador
Colaborador

Mensaje por daniel20 »

no tengo cable hdmi para poder probarlo, pero por lo que cuenta no es el mismo problema que experimentas. Son desincronizaciones de forma diferente, ya que indica que le funciona perfectamente si no usa un cable hdmi.

Por lo que yo entiendo de su texto es imposible cantar algo porque la música se retrasa, incluso teniendo el problema del GAP de manera hipotetica, podrías llegar a cantar aún teniendo un mini retardo. (no es lo mismo un retraso de 50 milisegundos a un retraso de casi medio segundo).

Para la próxima versión vamos a actualizar diferentes librerias del juego, por si pudiesen estar afectando al comportamiento del HDMI.

@DavidPingu creo que estás dando una solución muy precipitada.
¿no sabes cómo configurar tus micros? ¿no sabes descargar? ¿problemas? Quizás tu duda ya ha sido resuelta en la sección de Ayuda (arriba en la web)
fedoo
Supercreador
Supercreador

Mensaje por fedoo »

Differencies between Yass and Ultrastar editor is something else.

90ms delay does not seem too much, but it is almost two bars in editor in song with 300 bpm, which is quite noticable.

Sorry about english, but I do not speak spanish at all and this is only comunity for Ultrastar which I know.
daniel20
Colaborador
Colaborador

Mensaje por daniel20 »

what version of ultrastar are you using fedoo?
¿no sabes cómo configurar tus micros? ¿no sabes descargar? ¿problemas? Quizás tu duda ya ha sido resuelta en la sección de Ayuda (arriba en la web)
fedoo
Supercreador
Supercreador

Mensaje por fedoo »

daniel20 escribió: Lunes 8 de Julio de 2019 a las 21:18 what version of ultrastar are you using fedoo?
I have Ultrastar Deluxe 1.1 for editing song and Ultrastar Worldparty 12.07
Until now I didn't realized that the version could be a problem. I will try with newer version.
daniel20
Colaborador
Colaborador

Mensaje por daniel20 »

1.1 really? (we only give support to worldparty versions in this community) Please use the last one: WorldParty 18.11, you can get it in download section.
fedoo
Supercreador
Supercreador

Mensaje por fedoo »

daniel20 escribió: Lunes 8 de Julio de 2019 a las 22:12 1.1 really? (we only give support to worldparty versions in this community) Please use the last one: WorldParty 18.11, you can get it in download section.
I use 1.1 mainly for creating the song (I do not use Yass and I do not like editor in 12.07)
For singing I used 12.07.
I downloaded 18.11. Is there still editor? 'E' shortcut does not work for me.
I will simulate my problem when there will be time.
daniel20
Colaborador
Colaborador

Mensaje por daniel20 »

I highly recommend you to use yass for create songs (There is a new version available). We've delete the internal editor from usdx 1.1 in worldparty due to the huge problems of sync, usability, performance and other bugs.
fedoo
Supercreador
Supercreador

Mensaje por fedoo »

daniel20 escribió: Lunes 8 de Julio de 2019 a las 22:37 I highly recommend you to use yass for create songs (There is a new version available). We've delete the internal editor from usdx 1.1 in worldparty due to the huge problems of sync, usability, performance and other bugs.
Yass is out of sync compare to Ultrastar 1.1 editor, that's why I do not use it. I tested it countless times. When I sync song in Ultrastar editor and sing, it is OK, but in Yass it is shifted at least by one quarter of beat. Same thing in new version.
Maybe it is something with my computer or I do not understand something completely.
daniel20
Colaborador
Colaborador

Mensaje por daniel20 »

nope, it's ultrastar editor fault. As I said before ultrastar deluxe doesn't have support under this site, so please consider to use our last version of WorldParty. Sync should be fixed. (and please use the last version of yass too to create the songs)
fedoo
Supercreador
Supercreador

Mensaje por fedoo »

daniel20 escribió: Lunes 8 de Julio de 2019 a las 23:27 nope, it's ultrastar editor fault. As I said before ultrastar deluxe doesn't have support under this site, so please consider to use our last version of WorldParty. Sync should be fixed. (and please use the last version of yass too to create the songs)
OK, I will be happy if you are right in this, even if will mean I was wrong all the time :)
I will try to make some other tests and see what I get.
thanks
Rubn4
Supercreador
Supercreador
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rubn4 »

Al parecer hay que preguntar a los Creadores y Supers que versión del juego y YASS usan y solucionar dudas y problemas que tienen, algunos al parecer se pierden de actualizaciones por no leer en su idioma (ingles u otro) o simplemente no buscar y estar el tanto. XD

EDIT : Uso el UltraStar 12.07 por la función de los concursos y hacer la puntuación de la canción que acabo de subir y que sea vea que tiene buen record xD y aun así en el YASS actualizado no me va mal ni nada.
daniel20
Colaborador
Colaborador

Mensaje por daniel20 »

eso parece

Edito de tu respuesta editada xD: estoy esperando a telix a que termine de solucionar la carga de canciones para subir de manera urgente los concursos, pero tiene una agenda muy apretada. Respecto a la sincronización introduje un cambio en la 18.11 respecto a la 12.07 (para la mayoría de las personas no se darán cuenta, pero para los tiquismisquis como yo, son unos milisegundos corregidos de sincronización)
fedoo
Supercreador
Supercreador

Mensaje por fedoo »

There is this language barrier which makes discussion worse, english is not even my native language, I think it is obvious :)

OK, back at the topic. My first question was about TV latency, I will try the newest USWP version and test it.
I downloaded the latest version of USWP and Yass and I hope it will solve my neverending problems with Yass/editor syncing.
Thanks everyone for contribution and sorry if I open some topics which are already presented in spanish.
zXz
Antiguo Creador
Antiguo Creador

Mensaje por zXz »

Rubn4 escribió: Lunes 8 de Julio de 2019 a las 23:39 Al parecer hay que preguntar a los Creadores y Supers que versión del juego y YASS usan y solucionar dudas y problemas que tienen, algunos al parecer se pierden de actualizaciones por no leer en su idioma (ingles u otro) o simplemente no buscar y estar el tanto. XD

EDIT : Uso el UltraStar 12.07 por la función de los concursos y hacer la puntuación de la canción que acabo de subir y que sea vea que tiene buen record xD y aun así en el YASS actualizado no me va mal ni nada.
Yo también (como el compañero fedoo) uso normalmente UltraStar Deluxe 1.1.0 para probar las canciones (o cantar solo o con amigos) y el WorldParty (versión 12.07, creo que era la última que me dejó configurar bien el usuario) únicamente para darle la estrella de oro a las canciones (rara vez con otra finalidad). Estoy deseando poder usar la última versión del WorldParty para todo (ya que parece haber solucionado el desfase Yass/UltraStar, es mucho más bonita y está mucho más currada en general), pero tiene algunos errores imperdonables aún... soy consciente de que los desarrolladores hacen lo que pueden (y ojalá pudiera ayudar), pero se nota que el proyecto va muy bien encaminado.

La versión de Yass que utilizo es la 0.95 (prácticamente para todo), salvo para poner el Medley (que lo pongo en un momento en la 1.4)... Al reproducir las canciones en versiones posteriores a la 0.95 de Yass me parece más difícil saber si la sincronización está bien o no (de un vistazo rápido), no sé qué pasa en las posteriores pero no me siento cómodo usándolas (aún así voy a echarle un ojo a las últimas canciones que he hecho con la última versión, a ver si fue que tuve un mal día)... ':)

EDIT: Me cambio el nick a zXz :upside_down_face:
Última edición por zXz el Jueves 11 de Julio de 2019 a las 01:23, editado 3 veces en total.
daniel20
Colaborador
Colaborador

Mensaje por daniel20 »

te cambiaste de nick... de yass tienes la 2.0.1 y ya os vale usar la versión 1.1 de más de 10 de antiguedad que tiene errores por todos lados. No tiene sentido usarla cuando nuestra versión actual de worldparty 18.11 reproduce videos actuales que en la 1.1 no puedes, cuando tienes muchas más funciones, se ve mucho mejor, es más eficiente, carga infinitamente más rápido, y además apoyas nuestro trabajo, más cuando sigue siendo gratis. Que tiene fallos, te lo compro, estamos solucionandolo lo más urgente posible, pero incluso con los fallos, sigue siendo mucho mejor que cualquier versión del deluxe.
miamigoleo
Promesa

Mensaje por miamigoleo »

ultlastal. -.-
fedoo
Supercreador
Supercreador

Mensaje por fedoo »

Here is author of this thread.
As I wrote I downloaded last version of YASS and Worldparty 18.11 and I have to admit, now song is perfectly in sync in YASS (bit reservoir has to be disabled as author of YASS mentioned on his site).
From now on I will not use Ultrastar Editor anymore and I will stay with YASS.
daniel20
Colaborador
Colaborador

Mensaje por daniel20 »

thanks fedoo for share your experience.

@miamigoleo a ti te respondo en el otro mensaje.
rustydog
Sin oído

Mensaje por rustydog »

Fedoo,
what I do is have two ultrastars on my PC, e.g. world party and normal. One I use for the TV, with the gap as you said built in to the text files, and the other one without for playing on my PC . This way I dont have to contimue editing
fedoo
Supercreador
Supercreador

Mensaje por fedoo »

rustydog escribió: Sábado 21 de Diciembre de 2019 a las 21:36 Fedoo,
what I do is have two ultrastars on my PC, e.g. world party and normal. One I use for the TV, with the gap as you said built in to the text files, and the other one without for playing on my PC . This way I dont have to contimue editing
I had the same idea. But (correct me if I am wrong) you need two txt files for every song with modified gap. I can't imagine doing this for hundreds of songs (some script might do the job).
Cerrado